Friday, April 25, 2008

Memere


Well as most of you know we lost my grandmother 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday was the funeral. What a great celebration of her life. I have had a chance to reflect on my memories of her. Some of the fondest: The way she could say "Robert" in one syllable, never visiting her without her making a 5 course meal, square dancing, her tears every time we left, Mac and Cheese (need I say more), the car wash style showers in Mt Vernon to clean the 4 kids and mostly her genuine love. I know there are many more so please share yours with us!


WE LOVE YOU, WE MISS YOU MEMERE.


2 comments:

Denise said...

Mac and Cheese Yummy! Memere was a generous but stern woman. I will always remember her singing those french songs about !@#$%. I will miss her dearly. DeDee

Anonymous said...

Memere was a great Mother-in law.I loved her from the first day I met her.She taught me to cook her french family favorites like Pork Scrapes and Pineapple Pie.She will be missed.